Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Alternative Weeklies, Ads, and A--h----s

City Pages has an article on the Nick Coleman controversy. I saw this one coming down Portland Avenue. The artsy tabloid gets to sit back and watch two of its enemies (conservatives and the Star Tribune) duke it out. Unfortunately, the Strib can't make up the lost ad revenue through personal ads or X-rated 1-900 chatline promotions like the classy alternative weekly.

On a personal note, I do not worry about my boss reading SwanBlog. It would double my audience!

2 Comments:

Blogger The Great Adventure said...

Hi:
This is Phil from The Great Adventure, I'm sure I could get GJP to pick up a copy, but then I was always accused of being an iconoclast around work. PMB

January 12, 2005 7:53 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

The previous comment was sent by Phil Broom, who passed away unexpectedly on Monday. The obituary was published 1/20/05 in the Star Tribune. http://www.legacy.com/StarTribune/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=3063257

May he rest in peace.

January 23, 2005 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home