Tuesday, October 11, 2005

News, Weather, and Sports(?)

I once met the owner of a Downtown Minneapolis nightclub. Some friends and I were his guests for the evening, the weekend before New Years. We sat in what might be described as the "owner's suite." It had one-way glass overlooking the dance floor. If you pressed a remote control, the waitress would come for your drink order (free to us, as guests of the owner).

At one point, we went bar-hopping to other establishments in a couple of taxis (paid by the club owner). As we left, the owner told someone, "If [name of sports figure] stops by, let him have the room." He also bragged about other sports figures he knew. The perfectly innocent explanation is that local celebrities don't want to be bothered, sitting out in the open.

In light of recent allegations against certain Vikings players on a boat trip, there may be reasons to have a suite with one-way glass that are not so innocent.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek Jensen said...

why does this never happen to me at my parties?

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5663357.html

October 12, 2005 11:34 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Well excuse me for wanting a little privacy while I'm getting my dick sucked, Mr. Fancy-Pants-I-Know-the-Club-Owner!

October 13, 2005 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home