Thursday, December 15, 2005

Thanksgiving, Holiday, and Uhhhh....

Concerning the war on Christmas, don't forget this post from last year. I discussed the University of Minnesota's suggestion that office holiday parties take place in January and avoid the colors red and green.

I am also reminded of something my junior high principal once said. I had stayed late in school the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The principal, Dr. Robert S., saw me waiting for a ride. He strolled past and said, "Have a good, uhhh, holiday." This was an absurd use of the word, in my opinion. Either the next day was going to be Thanksgiving for me, or it was just going to be Thursday. No Lutonian harvest festival as a third option.

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek Jensen said...

My daughter has my permission to break out in laughter every time they sing the word "Kwanzaa" in her school's "Holiday Sing-along"

If the teacher asks her why she is laughing, she is to say "Because it's a made-up holiday"

December 16, 2005 3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home