Sunday, November 26, 2006

Lara, Logan, and Lies

Just off the top of my head, I count five instances of bad journalism in this week's 60 Minutes interview of General Abizaid by Lara Logan. Can you spot all five? Do you see any more?

I don't want to take the time to point all of the bad journalism, especially when there are bigger fish to fry. I live in the home turf of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, after all.

This is your turn. Please give me your thoughts on the problems with the 60 Minutes piece in the comment section below.

3 Comments:

Blogger Derek Jensen said...

whatever happened to tom david?

November 27, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger Aaron B. Solem said...

http://www.startribune.com/357/story/833523.html

I'm nominating Keith Ellison look-a-like Peter Swanson for "ColeMan" of the year.

November 27, 2006 3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What struck me was her assertion that Iraqi police are "as much a part of the problem as the solution" and that there is "mounting evidence" that shows they are involved in the attacks against us. Yet she does not offer one shred of the "mounting evidence," and when she puts it to Abizaid, he dismisses the claim outright. If you're going to state something as fact, be prepared to back it up.

November 28, 2006 5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home