Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Academy, My Fans, and My Manager

It is time again for the annual Academy Awards death montage. Which departed person will get the most applause in this year's telecast? Here are my predictions:

Behind the Camera
1. Robert Altman (M*A*S*H will be shown)
2. Cartoon Pioneer Joseph Barbera
3. Iwoa Takamoto - Animator for Scooby Doo

Actors/Actress
1. Peter Boyle (Young Frankenstein will be shown)
2. Jack Palance (one-armed pushups will be shown)
3. Bruno Kirby (Godfather II scene with DeNiro will be shown)

Honorable mention, but probably not as much applause - Jack Warden, Red Buttons, June Allyson, Glenn Ford

I recommend taping the show and skipping everything except the death montage and Eddie Murphy's possible award.

That is all.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Mahan said...

I don't plan on watching the AAs, mostly because, frankly, I don't care that much any more about film, but my thoughts, for what they're worth:

On BTC, I'd say that Mr. Altman will receive many accolades from his ex-peers, since he shared the Hollywood Mindset and was a Director Of Vision; Joseph Barbera will be very briefly honored with about a five to ten minute tribute, especially to Tom and Jerry, Yogi Bear, and Huckleberry Hound; Iwao Takamoto...who? :]

February 22, 2007 5:25 PM  
Blogger Peter said...

Right about one-armed pushups. Wrong about Bruno Kirby. Wrong about M*A*S*H being shown.

Did I predict Don Knotts last year? Was he too late to miss the cut, or was there a pro-Knotts outcry?

February 25, 2007 11:29 PM  
Blogger Derek Jensen said...

Did anyone else notice how much Red Buttons looks like GWB?

February 26, 2007 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home